During the process of reclassification I was asked to rewrite my job description. This is what was accepted resulting in my reclassification to Senior Services Technician.
Under general supervision, this position performs a variety of support and technical functions in
the administration of the Provider Certification & Compliance Unit for the Medicaid Home and Community Based Waiver and Personal Care Assistance program. This position provides support and assistance to program managers and is responsible for program specific work of a senior service oriented agency, develops and maintains systems to track certification information and prepares reports for professional staff which are used internally and externally. The position serves a key role in the Provider Certification Unit as related to regulatory compliance, client health and safety, and continuous quality improvement.
• Create and maintain system generated reports for Provider Certification & Compliance Unit process of certification of Medicaid provider applicants, waivers, onsite provider reviews, and other quality assurance processes.
• Uses various reporting tools to compare data available internally and externally to correct deficiencies in data sets such as providers not showing up on the interactive public Search Tool but are active in the internal DS3 database.
• Participates in planning and developing system work orders to improve systems support for the unit.
• Maintains systems to ensure data integrity.
• Produces reports for management use; assists professional staff in analyzing data and creating reports. Enters and edits data and creates spreadsheets.
• Enter and track data related to provisional background checks of employees in agencies that obtain initial certification approvals. Work closely with certification application evaluators to communicate changes in background check status for these individuals for follow up measures.
• Implementation of a centralized repository of required forms and letters into a SharePoint site to use as a resource.
• Develops Certification forms for internal use and edits Certification Application forms ensuring accessibility for the public.
• Builds & maintains UMLs of unit processes, writes or updates written processes as assigned
• Develops Universal Modeling Language (UML) tools for clarifying processes. Ensures procedures are updated as shared electronic documents for the unit.
• Assists with printing, copying, mass mailings, and organizing materials for meetings, training sessions, investigations, and site reviews or provides lead support to supportive staff.
• Provides support and maintenance of the unit`s copiers, fax machines and other machinery in the office. Conducts routine maintenance, troubleshooting and periodic repair status checks. Facilitates repair calls as necessary.
• Prepares materials for dissemination to providers, including recertification notifications
• Prepares mailing lists, merges documents, tracks and archives mailing lists for compliance history.
• Provides detailed information on program regulations; advises the public on program applicability and requirements; explains related laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to potential providers; advises and assists potential providers in setting up services. Must stay abreast of regulation, policy and systems changes.
• Provides technical assistance to applicants and providers regarding certification application process, setting up Background Check accounts, and corresponding with the SDS fiscal agent for billing purposes.
• Processes incoming initial and renewal applications for Medicaid Waiver and Personal Care Assistance Certification Application for completeness of required information according to state and federal regulations.
• Monitors Provider Certification email inbox which is the publicly posted email and web portal for all providers and applicants. Various reports of incidents, inquiries, complaints and questions flow through this email and must be routinely monitored and re-routed. An in-depth knowledge of SDS programs and their inter-relationships must be maintained in order to able to manage this duty. Responds to and takes appropriate action when within prescribed parameters, redirects to the correct professional staff when beyond knowledge base or those parameters, routes various emails to specific professional staff for decisions and action. Must use good judgment to determine level and routing of communications.
• Serves as subject matter expert on records retention procedures and archiving/off-site storage processes and advises professional staff on these procedures.
• Helps keep Provider Certification records and files organized and complete. Ongoing filing and policy and procedures toward electronic record keeping.
• Provides records copies for various records requests for criminal cases, public requests, etc. Ensure complete records are provided.